Provide support to the project staff to ensure quality and timely execution of design/build, self-perform projects from design to completion. These phases include: Scheduling, permitting, subcontractor buyout, cost reporting, preparation of subcontracts, the handling of owner coordination, construction quality oversight, and project closeout.
- Participate with project team and pre-construction services in development of a Project Chart of Accounts
- Coordinate with Project Superintendent in development of a project site logistics plan
- Assist Superintendent in the management of subcontractors
- Maintain understanding of the Sub or Owner contract
- Oversee the submittal, change order, and pay request process
- Assist in generation of project costs and Job Cost Report
- Contribute to the analyzing and forecast of quarterly Total Cost Projection reports
- Monitor and record training of all staff personnel
- Monitor project labor
- Report and track equipment needs
- Assist pre-construction services in bidding projects
- Implement applicable safety, EEO and Affirmative Action programs
- Participate in the project’s quality process
- Contribute to schedule and project close-out processes
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES/BEHAVIORS:
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Ability to identify, assimilate and comprehend the critical elements of a situation to extract and interpret implications of courses of actions to attend to details of a problem.
- Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Plans for and uses resources efficiently, always looks for ways to reduce costs, tracks assists in developing budgets.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Ability to monitor construction scheduled and achieve cooperation of superintendents and subcontractors.
- Communicates expectations and importance of safety. Follows up and insures safety audits are completed accurately and timely. Identifies critical issues and assists in the development of improvement procedures.
- 0 to 7 Years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field
- General knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals
- Experienced dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work is a plus
- Creative and results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency
- Successful internships or Project Engineering experience on projects is a plus
- Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with the ability to work equally well on own as well as in a team environment
- Ability to walk the job site, climb ladders, and multi floor scaffolding
- Ability to lift objects at least 50-lbs
- We are a drug free environment and you will be required to pass a drug test as part of employment and be subject to random testing while employed.